San Luis Obispo County News, Community Info and City Announcements! Read local News here! What is happening in the in the community? Below is a live feed provided by newtimesslo.com and the articles will update daily! Be sure to bookmark this page and check back often to keep up to date with news in your area.
Find additional information! newtimesslo.com is a great resource if you live in the area or are planning a visit. Keep up to date on county news, announcements and community information as well as local events. Find more on the community voice, Calendars, Community Activities, Events in the City, Government Meetings, Jobs, Job Interest Card, Volunteer Opportunities and so much more!
I have provided a string of articles below for local news headlines and calendar events specifically and you can read up on a number of topics, public meetings, city announcements and local events.
This City of San Luis Obispo News and Announcements feed will pull in posted events and articles so check back with this page regularly.
San Luis Obispo County News, Community Info and City Announcements
- Menus - Spring/Summer 2023on March 28, 2023 at 11:00 am
The Central Coast Guide to All Things Food and Drink
- Grover Beach Community Library holds first book sale of 2023by Caleb Wiseblood on March 23, 2023 at 11:00 am
On Saturday, April 1, the Grover Beach Community Library will host its Big Book Sale event from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The outdoor sale will be held in the […]
- Children do need protectionby Margie Slivinske on March 23, 2023 at 11:00 am
Seldom do I feel the absolute need to respond to someone's published opinion piece; however, John Donegan writes his commentary "Weaponizing […]
- Donegan's opinion is harmful to SLO's LGBTQ communityon March 23, 2023 at 11:00 am
I am commenting on a commentary headlined "Weaponizing children" by John Donegan (March 16). I believe the opinion piece in question is harmful to […]
- A civil rights question: San Luis Obispo and advocacy organizations work to settle a lawsuit about the way the city treats its homeless populationby Peter Johnson on March 23, 2023 at 11:00 am
A federal lawsuit alleging that the city of San Luis Obispo violates the constitutional rights of its unhoused residents could be nearing a […]
- Extrapolations is sprawling, dark look into the future of a climate changed Earthby Glen and Anna Starkey on March 23, 2023 at 11:00 am
Creator Scott Z. Burns (Contagion, Side Effects) helms this new anthology drama series that peers into our future to explore what life on our […]
- Luther: The Fallen Sunby Glen Starkey on March 23, 2023 at 11:00 am
What's it rated?…
- A newbie eats and drinks through Downtown San Luis Obispo on St. Patrick's Dayby Bulbul Rajagopal on March 23, 2023 at 11:00 am
At 5:32 a.m., my friends and I parked ourselves in a clover-green line at McCarthy's. Sandwiched between a front-running group of old-timers and a […]
- 'St. Fratty's Day' returns with bigger crowdby Bulbul Rajagopal on March 23, 2023 at 11:00 am
The annual student-led St. Patrick's Day celebrations in San Luis Obispo escalated to new levels after several years of recovering from a major […]
- Governments in San Luis Obispo County and beyond worry that a tax initiative on the 2024 ballot will undermine local voter powerby Bulbul Rajagopal on March 23, 2023 at 11:00 am
The deep pockets of a statewide business advocacy group have already managed make a controversial tax initiative eligible for the November 2024 […]
- SLO County's top administrator to resignby Peter Johnson on March 23, 2023 at 11:00 am
San Luis Obispo County will soon be losing its top official. In a surprise move, SLO County Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) Wade Horton submitted […]
- Storms hinder cleanup efforts in Cambriaby Shwetha Sundarrajan on March 23, 2023 at 11:00 am
Winter storms have caused nearly 120 trees to fall on the Fiscalini Ranch Preserve and other open space properties since December 2022. On March 16, […]
- SLO County to enroll in Central Coast Community Energyby Peter Johnson on March 23, 2023 at 11:00 am
The last remaining local government to hold out from joining Central Coast Community Energy (3CE) is now opting in to the regional power provider. […]
- Lake Lopez Reservoir spills overby Bulbul Rajagopal on March 23, 2023 at 11:00 am
Editor's note: This article was updated after Lake Lopez spilled on March 23. After a quarter century, Lake Lopez Reservoir returned to an old […]
- Local artist transforms dead animals into artby Shwetha Sundarrajan on March 23, 2023 at 11:00 am
On Thursday nights, Higuera Street is packed with various vendors hawking their wares at the Downtown SLO Farmers' Market. Nestled between a jewelry […]
- SLO Symphony welcomes new executive directorby Caleb Wiseblood on March 23, 2023 at 11:00 am
With a background in local nonprofit management and fundraising, Rachel Cementina will assume her new role as the SLO Symphony's executive director […]
- Marela Zacarías showcases past, present, and future through abstract sculptures in a new exhibit at SLOMAby Adrian Vincent Rosas on March 23, 2023 at 11:00 am
Marela Zacarías is a time traveler. She creates cloth-like abstract sculptures that traverse the sands of time—bringing back portions of important […]
- The ol' college cryby The Shredder on March 23, 2023 at 11:00 am
If American college students have proven anything, it's that they don't need much prodding to make a party of it. From Cinco de Mayo to Mardi Gras to […]
- Powerhouse soul and R&B band Thee Sinseers play the Fremont on March 24by Glen Starkey on March 23, 2023 at 11:00 am
Soak up all the soul this Friday, March 24, when the Fremont Theater and Good Vibez presents opening act The Altons, a soul rock group with a Latin […]
- Mainstream vs. extremeby John Ashbaugh on March 23, 2023 at 11:00 am
I've been paddling in the turbulent waters of "extremist" ideology lately, from both sides of the political continuum. If our nation's democratic […]
Are you looking to buy your dream home in San Luis Obispo County, California?
If you are a home buyer, our foremost goal is to provide you with exceptional customer service. Our goals are to help you purchase the right home, make sure that you don’t miss out on any homes that meet your needs and make sure that you don’t pay too much for your next home. Please utilize our San Luis Obispo County real estate expertise to make your home search and buying experience as stress-free and rewarding as possible.
Looking for more information about San Luis Obispo County, California?
Being from the area, you receive the benefits of learning about great neighborhoods, trends and hot spots.
I hope that you enjoyed this post!